At some point in 2009 I started to expand.
It was nothing unusual – I have a history of ricocheting between sizes – it doesn’t make me happy when I get bigger, it makes me pretty miserable if I am honest, but I know that it will happen.
I began to notice it when my skinny Baxter’s started to fit tighter and tighter, until my blue ones no longer looked acceptable and the black ones gave me the dreaded muffin top.
It got so bad, I did something I haven’t done before and just thought ‘screw it’ and bought the next size up. I though this time maybe I had expanded to stay……..
But I have some good news people – those bigger sized jeans are TOO big now. And the black ones, the ones with the muffin tops, I realised today those muffin tops aren’t there anymore.
You have no idea how happy this makes me.
All those days of dressing-less salads for lunch and dinner. Of annoying the boy with ‘is it healthy?’ questions when he cooks for me. Of not drinking those empty booze calories in the week. Of avoiding random midweek meals out. Of 6am runs. They have started to work.
Don’t get me wrong. I am nowhere near my university days of thin-ness, and I am pretty sure I will never reach that size again {and to be honest, I kind of looked a bit ill when I was at my smallest} but it gives me hope that when I am sat by the pool with the boys family in September, I won’t feel awful.
Now, I just have to keep up with all this good work………
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by and reading my 30thingsbeforeiam31. See you again soon.