Sunday, 9 January 2011

Things I learnt


I think it’s about time to look back on the list. There are some things I have learnt about myself with this first attempt at a list; 
  • The simple things are the ones that might just slip you by. They are the ones I thought i might be able to pick up later and I clearly haven't done. Like making a font. I am sure in the new two weeks I can make one, but it's about the easiest one on the list! 
  • And I have failed at list items that were money driven. I couldn't own a fancy handbag - i don't have the money to buy a fancy handbag. But I did buy myself a nice everyday bag, and my mum bought me a lovely holiday bag, and maybe I am not a fancy bag person....I would like to be, but since I can't be, I am pretty happy to put this goal to bed! 
  • Nor do I have the cash to buy a bike to ride more. I tried to ride my dad's but its too big and the one he offered me didn't have gears so it would have been useless in Leeds, but not riding a bike seems to be doing me ok so far! 
  • And I had neither the money OR holidays left at work for a real road trip - but the boy and I did take a lot of little trips. We drove ourselves round the Algarve. We took fancy routes to friends houses for the weekend. We made little trips that counted. 
  • I’ve not got me that tattoo I want either – not through lack of trying. I've had two appointments lined up, but I just don’t know what to get. It took me a good 10 years to decide the last one, I’m not sure this one can be decided yet…..
  • And this whole cooking a meal a month for the boy – well, it might have worked, but he isn’t very good at letting me in the kitchen unless I’m baking and still then he tries to have his say…….
  • I also wanted to see Katie and Liz more. And I have seen them this year, but definitely not as much as I’d have liked. But I have some more visits lined up with them for 2011. 
I know I have a couple of weeks left to complete the list, but I can't see myself getting a bike, taking a road trip or buying a fancy bag or some of those other bits - so, I think I'm just going to abandon those goals. But you know, as I've said before - it's been nice to have the list and it's definitely something that I want to carry on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and reading my 30thingsbeforeiam31. See you again soon.